DUMBO BLU-RAY IS HERE!!!!
Straight from heaven up above, here is a baby for you to love. — Mr. Stork (voice) (Sterling Holloway)
Our beloved classic tale has been turned into an extraordinary live action movie, and is now on Blu-Ray DVD. Tim Burton's live-action remake of the 1941 Disney DUMBO is spectacular!
Dumbo, real name is Baby Jumbo, born into a barnstorming circus run by Max Medici (Danny DeVito), who gets bought out by V.A. Vandevere (Michael Keaton), an entrepreneur in a silvery wig that’s shiny. Vandevere believes in the go-big-or-go-home school of entertainment. The year is 1919, and his “circus” is really the world’s first theme park, a place called Dreamland that’s as packed with rides, exhibits in a small city. He’s not a showman; he’s an exploiter. He looks at Dumbo and sees dollar signs, this is where the journey begins for freeing DUMBO mother and to reunite them. If you know Mr. Burton, you know his movies have a slight dark twist to them however they are without a doubt exceptional.
Now some fun facts:
1. DUMBO (animation) is one of Disney's shortest feature films of all time.
2. DUMBO was almost Mammal of the Year? Every year, Time magazine picks a ‘Person of the Year’? Well, in 1941, Dumbo was almost Time magazine’s ‘Mammal of the Year.” Unfortunately, on December 7, 1941, Japan attacked Pearl Harbor and World War II began.
3. DUMBO: is it an Elephant or a Donkey? In 1957, former president Harry S. Truman decided that as a Republican, he couldn’t find it in him to ride an elephant – the symbol of the Republican party — when he was a Democrat!
4. Dumbo was Walt Disney’s favorite movie his company ever created!
5. Did you know: Dumbo The Flying Elephant ride can be found at five Disney parks: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Tokyo Disney
Thank you Disney Studios for sending me my very own copy of DUMBO DVD, tote, beach blanket to celebrate the release of DUMBO DVD and ushering in summer in style.