DISNEY Social Media Celebration!
I remember exactly where I was when I received my DISNEY Social Media Celebration invite, I was driving to visit my dad at his skilled nursing home, he had Stage 4 Cancer. As soon as I walked into his room I screamed out “DAD, I got THE invite!” And he knew EXACTLY what I was talking about, we sat and reminisced about our trip to Walt Disney World the year before with DISNEY Social Media Celebration. I will forever cherish those memories, they mean the world to me, thank you DSMC for giving me something that will live on forever.
This is exactly what Disney is, you’ll build memories that will warm your heart and bring you joyous tears. The one place in the world where you will never feel alone, you’re wanted and welcomed. A place that will always bring you joy, DISNEY is much more than just a theme park or anything else that’s in their wheelhouse, they are family. From DISNEY staff, cast members, DISNEY fans, it’s truly the happiest place on earth.
Fast forward to our DISNEY SMC, this was the one event I was truly ecstatic to be at, my father had passed 17 days prior. Being surrounded by my DISNEY Family meant the world to me, my dear friends who were with me that day mentioned, “even your eyes are smiling.”
I know my dad was with me in spirit, I literally had just posted on Twitter how much my dad loved Disney and a minute later I WON the Loungefly Arendelle backpack and matching DISNEY Ears! My hands were shaking, at that moment I knew my dads LOVE of DISNEY and me that he was there cheering me on. He knew how much I love Loungefly backpacks and DISNEY EARS.
DISNEY SMC is more than DISNEY moms and dads gathering to learn about DISNEY. It’s about building a long-lasting friendship that turns into family and the PLUS, we get to see our DISNEY cast members that are dear friends that we don't get to see often.
The best way I can describe DSMC: we are a huge piece of tapestry, everyone one of us is woven into one another’s fabric of life and when you sit back and look at the entire tapestry it’s beauty will take your breath away. Our DSMC tapestry is the epitome of energy and life, it's the sun that supports growth and sustains life and full of Heart: Hearts symbolizing the love and devotion of DISNEY.
Our day was filed with motivational speakers, Ashley Eckstein reminded us that we are worthy, we must stop comparing our lives to others and we each have our own path to lead.
John Breckow spoke about "Make A Wish Foundation" and all the amazing wishes DISNEY has brought to so many people and most importantly how we made an impact with #ShareYourEars campaign! Yes, you, if you took a pic and hash-tagged #ShareYourEars, DISNEY donated on your behalf.
Our day was filled with Pixie Dust, DISNEY shared the magic that'll be happening at the parks. Below was who we had on stage and what we learned. In the next 6 posts, I’ll be covering some individually, I don’t want anything to get lost in the shuffle, it was a spectacular day.
* Bob Hitchcock (Editorial Content Director): the importance of video content and the power of emotion.
* Mallory Wang (Digital Marketing Content for Disney DTCI Programming and Studios): how social platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook) work together.
* Louie Provost (Senior VP of Production at Walt Disney Studios): sneak peek of Maleficent: Mistress of Evil coming to theaters October 18!
* John Breckow (Director of Corporate Citizenship for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products): Cultural Social Responsibility and how Disney partners with Make-a-Wish (130,000 wishes granted since 1980!), #ShareYourEars campaign, and Disney VoluntEARing.
* Tom Smith (Editorial Content Director for Disney Parks Blog): Custom Created Content using your Platform, Ecosystem, and Community.
* Michael Ramirez (Editorial Content Director for Disneyland Resort): New things coming to Disneyland Resort–Halloween time (through October 31, The Holidays Begin Here (November 8 – January 6), Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Rise of the Resistance(January 17, 2020), Magic Happens Parade (Spring 2020), and Avengers Campus (2020).
* Colleen Nettekoven (Downtown Disney): new Halloween time decor and limited-time seasonal offerings and live entertainment. West Beat Sings Scareolers will be performing every Wednesday and Friday night in front of Wonderground.
* Kristin Dewberry, Construction Manager for Logistics.
* Ashley Eckstein (voice of Star Wars Ashoka Tano and creator of HerUniverse): Reminding us to wish, Believe, Do, Transform, and Trust.
Thank you DSMC for inviting me, it's an honor and privilege to be in a room filled with inspiring men and woman, I'm beyond grateful and appreciative to be part of DISNEY family. Till next time, I miss you already!