HGTV’s Santa HQ is BACK!!!!!!
I’m so excited that HGTV’s Santa HQ – which revolutionizes the traditional Santa Claus visit by guiding visitors through an immersive, interactive holiday experience with the use of state-of-the-art digital technology.
HGTV’s Santa HQ connects shoppers and visitors to the HGTV experience on the local level in communities all across the United States. Santa HQ is presented at 15 of Macerich’s top properties, set in some of the most attractive and densely populated U.S. markets including: California, Arizona, Chicago, Metro New York, and the Washington, D.C. corridor.
Today’s families are always connected, and HGTV’s innovative Santa HQ incorporates special mobile apps, social-media-ready opportunities, and even augmented reality.
The magic of the holidays goes hand-in-hand with HGTV’s Santa HQ! Here’s what you need to know:
● Traditional photo opportunities with Santa Claus, with a variety of photo packages families can choose from.
● You can visit HGTV Santa HQ’s Elf Academy, a new, family-friendly experience that features interactive technology to enhance the entire HGTV Santa HQ visit.
● The Elf Academy includes the Magic Mirror: Guests can transform into one of Santa’s elves and virtually try on various elf outfits, and Elf-ID: Guests can create their very own customized Elf-ID card using the new Elf-ID app and a “selfie”.
● Magic Mirror: Guests can transform into one of Santa’s elves and virtually try on various elf outfits. Your little one can then virtually try on three separate elf outfits based on the chosen elf style. Once your kiddo has completed their Magic Mirror experience, they stand in front of the Magic Mirror video screen and, through augmented reality, transform into Santa’s Elf. The Magic Mirror allows kiddo to select one of elf styles (Hazel, Ruby, Jack.) Then you have the option to receive three photos by entering either your mobile number and/or email address.
● Elf-ID: Kiddos can create their very own customized Elf-ID card using the new Elf-ID app and a “selfie”.
● Elf-Ray Vision: Guests can explore Santa’s Observatory through the use of tablets. Areas within Santa HQ trigger an augmented reality experience for guests.
● Naughty or Nice Meter: Kiddos can stand next to an interactive board to find out which of Santa’s lists – Naughty or Nice – they made.
● “Spend less time in line. Purchase Fast Pass today!”
● Visit www.centerwebsite.com/santahq to secure a Fast Pass and pre-purchase a photo package.
● You can select the date, a 30-minute window of time to use Fast Pass, pre-pay online, upgrade their package by adding a family photo weeks/days in advance, and opt-in to receive text reminders about their Fast Pass window.
HGTV’s Help Through Holiday Giving Drive:
HGTV’s Help Through Holiday Giving is a program that encourages visitors to donate toys for underserved children during the holiday season. In past years, HGTV’s Help Through Holiday Giving has collected more than 66,000 toys benefiting local organizations such as Forgotten Angel Tree, Salvation Army Angel Tree, Toys for Tots, and Spark of Love Stuff a Bus. HGTV’s Santa HQ events, dates, and times are specific to each Santa HQ center. Below is a list of events several of our centers are hosting. Check with your center for more details.
● Sensory Santa: This sensory-friendly holiday event at Valley River Center allows families with all spectrums of special needs to experience the time-honored tradition of a visit with Santa, in a comforting environment prior to public hours. Accommodations are made to support the sensory, physical, and developmental needs of this special audience.
● Yappy Hour: Special event for you and your furry friend to get time with the “Big Guy.” Bring your dog or cat to participating centers for an exciting night of pet photos, cocktails and holiday cheer.
● Meet Santa’s Elves: Have fun with Jack & Strawberry, the official elves of Santa HQ. Kick-off the holiday festivities and enjoy caroling, photo opportunities, storytime, hot chocolate and much more.