KTLA 5 Morning News, Easy SUMMER BBQ Recipes Using Pantry Staples!
• Americas #1 Ginger Beer Brand
• Made with REAL, fresh ginger
• Contains no gluten, GMO’s, preservatives or caffeine
• Also comes in a Zero-Sugar option with zero-calories for guilt-free
• Boost immunity with ginger, or enjoy by mixing into a delicious cocktail (like Moscow Mules!)
• Available nationwide at Whole Foods, Rite Aid, CVS
REED’S SPICY RASPBERRY LEMON COOLER (MOCKTAIL)
• 2 cups frozen raspberries
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 cans of Reed's Real Ginger Beer
• Put the raspberries, honey, lemon juice and water into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook until the fruit has completely broken down, about five minutes. Remove from heat and let stand until cool. Pour the mixture into a fine mesh strainer set over a pitcher. Press the fruit solids with a rubber spatula to remove as much liquid as possible. Discard the fruit pulp.
• To serve, fill a glass with ice and pour three tablespoons of the raspberry syrup into the glass. Fill with ginger ale, stir, garnish with raspberries or a lemon wedge and serve immediately.
Reed’s Real Ginger Ale
• Refreshing on its own, or mixed into a cocktail or mocktail
• Features REAL pressed organic ginger unlike mainstream alternatives on the market
• Available in two varieties, Original and Zero-Sugar
• Available for purchase on Amazon
Reed’s Honeydew Mocktail Popsicle’s
• Half medium Honeydew melon (cubed)
• Mint, about 4 leaves, chopped
• 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
• 1 Tablespoon Sugar
• One can Reed's Ginger Ale
• BLEND TOGETHER AND PUT INTO POPSICLE MOLDS, FREEZE, AND ENJOY!
4Sisters Long Grain Organic Rice
• 4Sisters Rice is made in the USA, and is a family-owned, women-led rice brand
• Available in Organic White and Brown Rice Varieties
• 4Sisters Rice is sustainably grown and USDA-Certified Organic
• Purchase at 4Sisters Rice online store for delivery right to your doorstep!
o Purchase at 4sistersrice.com
4SISTERS CAPRESE POWER BOWL (Serves 4 to 6)
• 3 cups cherry tomatoes
• Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
• Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
• 1 teaspoon. Italian seasoning
• 1 cup brown rice
• 1 cup chopped fresh mozzarella
• Crushed red pepper flakes
• Flaky sea salt
• 2 cups baby spinach
• 1 lemon, halved
• Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
• Preheat the oven to 400°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
• Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Nestle chicken breasts in tomatoes. Bake until the tomatoes are beginning to burst and the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, cook rice according to package instructions.
• Toss fresh mozzarella with enough olive oil to coat cheese and a pinch each of red pepper flakes and flaky sea salt.
• Serve chicken and tomatoes over cooked rice with mozzarella and spinach. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over each serving. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
4SISTERS CHEESY CHICKEN BROCCOLI BAKE(Servings: 4)
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 cup small yellow onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup white rice
• 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 1 cup shredded cheddar
• 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
• In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes more.
• Stir in rice, heavy cream, and 1 cup of the broth. Bring to a simmer and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Add remaining 1 1/2 cups broth, broccoli, and cheddar cheese and cook until broccoli is tender and cheese is melty, about 10 minutes.
• Heat broiler. Sprinkle chicken mixture with bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper. Broil until golden and crispy, about 2 minutes.
4Sisters Garlic Cilantro Lime Rice
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 3 teaspoons)
• 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
• 2 cups, 4Sisters long grain organic brown rice, uncooked
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• 3 limes, juice of 2 and zest of 2, reserve juice of one for garnish
• Fresh chopped cilantro, to taste, for seasoning and garnish
• Heat the oil in a large 10-12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion, sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent and tender.
• Reduce heat to medium low and add the uncooked rice and salt. Cook over medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.
• Add 3 cups of chicken broth, the juice of 2 limes and zest of 2 limes. Increase heat to bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 40 minutes, remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. (If using white long grain rice, reduce cook time to 20 minutes).
• Just before serving, stir in the juice of the reserved lime and add chopped fresh cilantro, to taste. Garnish with un-chopped cilantro leaf.
Why are these good for a backyard BBQ?
• Great side dish to pair with BBQ Chicken or any protein!
• All ingredients can easily be found in your pantry
Fun summer tidbit; water ice cube will dilute your Ginger Ale, instead take an ice cube tray and fill it with you Ale and freeze it overnight, add sliced ginger (for taste) and mint for color. Viola, your drink will always keep its taste!
Perfect for healthy dining, Melissa's Baby Vegetables are nutritious, delicious and beautiful on a dinner plate. This variety of assortment is in time for the upcoming BBQ season.
Some of the more popular Baby Vegetables include: Artichokes, Beets, Variety Radishes, Turnips, Kohlrabi, Potatoes, Romanesco Cauliflower, Eggplant, Squashes, Leeks and Carrots.
Take this healthy and delicious assortment to the next level by adding an Easy Slice Knife. The 6" all-purpose serrated blade of this knife is designed to eliminate the need for excess cleaning and its handle is crafted for ambidextrous use
Keep your drinks cool, fill up your Igloo with half ice and place your Ginger Ale or dishes in there so the heat won’t spoil it!
Must have items from Tuxton Home: Concentrix Oval Platter and Artisan Reactive Angled Bowl. There restaurant-grade kitchenware that is certain to elevate your next culinary creation, delicious take-out, or outdoor soirée.
On a side note, wondering how I was able to get the magnificent bounce in my hair without visiting the hair salon? This was the first time using a blow dryer and flat iron that my hair did NOT feel crunchy, it was smooth and felt so soft!
Olivia Garden is a leader in the hair care industry for over fifty years.
They develop tools and apparel for professional stylists and consumers alike,bringing salon quality hair tools into the home.
Olivia Garden tools and brushes are high quality and innovative. They offer a limited lifetime warranty against defects with all their product purchases.
ABOUT THE PRODUCTS:
The Olivia Garden hot tools are designed to make the styling process quick, easy and efficient, while delivering shiny and smooth hair. They provide constant heat during the entire styling time, the flat iron can even heat up to 455 degrees fahrenheit.
The Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Professional Hair Dryer is fast drying and super lightweight.
The Ceramic + Ion Professional Hair Dryerhas an ionic generator that seals in moisture and eliminates frizz while drying.
Create natural beach waves this summer with the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Professional Flat Iron, designed to straighten, style and curl hair
The Ceramic + Ion Professional Flat Iron has ceramic and ionic 3D floating plates and cool tips that make it easy to move the iron through hair
Use the iron and create an “S” motion while slowly twisting hair away from the face
Both tools will help you achieve desired waves and style in a matter of minutes!
Retail: OliviaGarden.com and at your local distributor
Thank you for following along on KTLA 5 NEWS!