Picnic Basket Must-Haves Segment CBS Sacramento, CA's "Good Day Sacramento!"
What better way to enjoy the warm weather than to have a refreshing outdoor picnic with friends or loved ones. I’m here to share picnic basket must-haves to help make packing a breeze!
These first two products that I love are both 2021 Product of the Year winners! That means they’ve been voted on by 40K consumers as the best products in their categories.
Retailer: Available in ALDI stores
• 2021 PRODUCT OF THE YEAR WINNER in the Chip Category
• Gluten-free chips high in fiber and made from whole beans and rice
• Each serving has 5 grams of plant-based protein
• 2021 PRODUCT OF THE YEAR WINNER in the Tableware Category
• The Hefty ECOSAVE™ line includes everything you need to serve food and drinks on your picnic
• Includes plates, bowls, platters, compartment trays, cutlery, straws and hot cups
• The full line is made from plant based materials and is 100% compostable
In addition to these 2021 Product of the Year winners, I also have cheese products perfect for making the perfect cheese board or snacking at your picnic!
Retailer: Available at Sam’s Club, Kroger and more
• Take the work out of building the ultimate picnic cheese board with Cello Cheese Flights
• Each Flight features a perfectly paired trio of Cello Cheese
• Has wine and beer suggestions on the packaging
• Have multiple Flights, but today we have Everyday Flight and Holiday Flight
• Perfect plant-based alternative cheese snack that includes: Vevan cheese bite-sized cubes paired with dried fruits and nuts
• Vegan and Gluten-Free; Whether you’re flexitarian, vegetarian, lactose intolerant or just-don’t-wanna-do-dairy
• Tastes and melts like real cheese
• Available in Lemon Poppyseed and P’Jack
• Portable and easy to eat on-the-go
Dole Food Company is tapping into that spirit during an extended tribute to Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration, a global, company-wide commemoration of iconic Disney Princess characters from Snow White in 1937 to Moana in 2016. Launching May 27, which is National Eat More Fruits and Vegetables Day, Doles “A Recipe for Courage and Kindness” will continue through Sept. 30, 2021, with a total-wellness theme and an enchanted castle-full of original recipes, DIY activities, contests, collectibles and virtual special events.
Heigh-ho Apple Bruschetta (Vegetarian): DOLE®Pineapple, Green Apples and pears on a whole-wheat baguette with vegan cheddar cheese, cinnamon, thyme and sliced almonds.
Glass Slipper Veggie Tea Sandwiches (Vegetarian): Traditional tea sandwiches of DOLE®Cauliflower, Radish, Carrot, Green Onion and English cucumber mixed with cashews and fat-free cream cheese.
Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Wakey Wakey Vegan Hash (Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten-Free): DOLE® Sweet Potato, Plantains, Baby Spinach and Yellow Onion scrambled with mushrooms and red bell pepper.
Brave Banana Cherry Teacakes (Vegetarian): A new, healthier take on an iconic Scottish pastry made with DOLE® Bananas and Cherries.
Have a Happy Summer!!!