Ratatouille Cooking Class with Dole and Disney
Dole Recipes Celebrating Disney and Pixar's Ratatouille with Little Chef Potato-Leek Soup
One of the many reasons I love DOLE, the Mickey Check is an emblem that kids and adults can use on Disney menus to quickly identify meals that meet the Disney Nutrition Guidelines. Mickey Check Meals have been available throughout Walt Disney World and Disneyland and now, you can add them to your Disney Cruise Line dining options as well!
Dole is continuing its three-month healthy-cooking alliance with Disney and Pixar’s Ratatouille by releasing a new set of original recipes and free digital downloads including DIY menus, placemats and chef’s hat that can turn an ordinary kitchen into Gusteau’s Restaurant from the 2007 film.
“As one of the world’s foremost nutrition leaders, Dole is committed to the idea that the best stories begin with healthy eating,” said Bil Goldfield, director of communications for the Dole Food Company. “We’re delighted to work with Disney to make fruits and vegetables more accessible – and fun – for families in North America and around the world, by sharing our nutrition messages through their iconic characters and transforming our collective healthy living commitments into lasting, positive change for future generations.”
Dole is committed to nutrition and nutrition education, encouraging the world to adopt a healthier diet including more fresh fruits and vegetables. Dole believes that a diet rich in fruits and vegetables can increase America’s nutritional health and help reverse a number of negative health trends.
Today’s active cooking class we created two recipes that I’d like to share with you and make sure to get the kiddos involved, it’s super easy to make and fun.
Dole Recipes Celebrating Disney and Pixar's Ratatouille with Little Chef Potato-Leek Soup and Oui Oui Wafer Cookie Macarons with Fruity Banana Filling.
Little Chef Potato-Leek Soup
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 18 minutes | Serves: 6
• 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
• 1 Large Leek
• 2 cups small DOLE® Cauliflower florets
• 1⁄2 cup chopped DOLE® Carrots
• 1⁄2 cup chopped DOLE® Celery
• 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
• 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Oregano
• 1⁄2 teaspoon Paprika
• 3⁄4 teaspoon Salt
• 1⁄2 teaspoon Black pepper
• 1 large DOLE® Potato, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
• 1 cup unsalted vegetable stock
• 3 cups Oat Milk (gluten free and soy free)
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley plus additional for garnish (optional)
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice from 1 DOLE® Lemon
• 6 tablespoons gluten-free breadcrumbs for garnish (optional)
Oui Oui Wafer Cookie Macarons with Fruity Banana Filling
Prep: 25 minutes plus chilling | Serves: 16
• 1⁄2 8oz Plain Vegan Cream Cheese
• 1 small ripe DOLE® Banana, peeled and mashed (about 1⁄3 cup)
• 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
• 1⁄2 kiwi, peeled and finely chopped
• 16 drained mandarin oranges in mandarin orange juice, halved crosswise
• 64 vanilla wafer cookies